More than two hundred years ago, Rabbi Avraham Danzig was asked by European Torah authorities to produce a work that would summarize all the laws in the Yoreh Deah section of the Shulchan Aruch. The result -- Sefer Chochmas Adam -- has become a modern classic. To this day, it remains the only published guide to provide a complete, yet succinct, review of these important halachos.
Sefer Chochmas Adam was written in consultation with two of the greatest Torah scholars of the time: Rabbi Chaim of Volozhin and Rabbi Yaakov of Lisa (the Chavos Da'as). Reportedly, even the Chasam Sofer instructed his son that when he had to to make a halachic decision and he couldn't refer to the Shulchan Aruch, he could look into the Chochmas Adam.
Sefer Chochmas Adam on Hilchos Basar B'chalav (Laws of Meat and Milk) features:
- The complete original Hebrew text of Sefer Chochmas Adam
- A full and lucid English translation of the Hebrew text.
- A comprehensive English commentary with extensive background materials and explanation of the text, plus selected halachic decisions of contemporary authorities
- A newly revised and uniquely formatted edition of the complete original Hebrew text
- Helpful introductions and appendices
Author: Dr. Yehoshua Cohen
Softcover | 6" x 9" | 288 pages | 0-910818-21-X