"It is virtually impossible to attain an understanding of the true depth [of the Mishkan] without delving into this book." --‰ۡÌÝÌ_HaRav Mordechai Gifter, zt"l, commenting on the author's Hebrew sefer, which served as the basis for this book
The Mishkan. It was one of the most glorious structures ever built--the "home" for the Divine Presence, and the central focus of the Jewish nation during their forty-year sojourn in the desert. Yet, despite the fact that every year we review the Torah portions that describe the Mishkan, many of us have a poor understanding of its appearance.
Over twenty years ago, Rabbi Dovid Meyers recognized the significance of studying and clarifying this important portion of the Torah. With the strong encouragement of HaRav HaGaon Rav Mordechai Gifter, zt"l (Rosh HaYeshiva of Telshe), Rabbi Meyers began researching this topic in the original sources. After years of research, he published his Hebrew sefer, Meleches HaMishkan V'Kailav, to much acclaim, and many educators have adopted it as an essential aid in teaching this vast topic.
Now, for the benefit of the English-speaking public, Rabbi Meyers has written The Mishkan Illuminated, based on his original Hebrew sefer.
This groundbreaking work features:
About the Author Rabbi Dovid Meyers received his semichah (ordination) from Telshe Yeshiva in Wickliffe, Ohio. He was a member of the Telshe Yeshiva Kollel for eight years, and has been a rebbi in Mosdos Ohr Hatorah of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, for twenty-one years, teaching Parashas Terumah every year to his students.
- The complete Hebrew text of Parashas Terumah, including Onkelos and Rashi, plus portions from Tetzaveh and Ki Sisa
- English translation of the verses
- In-depth, yet easy-to-read, explanations of all aspects of the Mishkan and its vessels
- Extensive footnotes and supplementary notes, which provide immense detail and clearly explain many differing opinions
- Full-color, precisely detailed illustrations that reflect the author's painstaking research
- Scholarship based on numerous consultations with Maran HaRav HaGaon Rav Chaim Kanievsky, shlit"a, and other Gedolei Yisrael
- An unparalleled way to review the entire Parashas Terumah
Hardcover | 8.5" x 11" "coffee-table" size | 200 pages | ISBN 978-1-60763-022-7